Information for visitors
Guests in the National Park Thayatal
Hikers in the National Park Thayatal
The guest is kingSince 1999 the National Park administration has been developing its programme, regularly improving and extending it. Should you however miss anything on these pages, please contact the National Park administration.
New ideas as well as critical comments are also most welcome. And we are particularly pleased to receive positive feedback from happy customers!
Nature deserves consideration and peace!
A national park is a unique experience. It is only through the right behavior of visitors that wild animals can get used to the presence of humans. To achieve this, some rules must be followed:
- Only walk on the marked tracks!
- No cycling or driving!
- Boating on the Thaya is prohibited!
- Dogs must be kept on a short leash!
- Please keep off the meadows!
- No camping or camp fires.
- Please take your trash back with you!
- It is forbidden to pick flowers or mushrooms.
- Take a deep breath and go without smoking.
We wish you a nice stay!